Orange Chicken Spinach Salad
For a salad with refreshing color and crunch, we toss chicken and spinach with mandarin oranges and red onion, then splash everything with a tangy vinaigrette. —Jean Murawski, Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and salt until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 270 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Orange Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.