Mandarin Orange Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges segments
- 1 package (3 ounces) tapioca pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juices; set fruit aside. Add water to juices to equal 3 cups; pour into a large saucepan. Add pudding mixes; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place the pineapple, oranges and cherries in a 2-qt. bowl; pour dressing over and stir to coat. Chill for several hours. Add bananas just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 207 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
May 25, 2013
Such a simple recipe to throw together. I love it b/c I can make it ahead and let it chill overnight. It's liked by so many and especially refreshing for those hot summer get togethers. A nice change of pace from the typical "sweets" at potlucks. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!