Fresh Fruit Bowl
The glorious colors used here make this a great summer fruit bowl. Slightly sweet and chilled, it makes a nice accompaniment to a grilled entree. —Marlon Kirst, Troy, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 to 10 cups fresh melon cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine melon cubes and corn syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in remaining fruit. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 56 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Bowl in Reminisce March/April 1992