Melon Fruit Bowl
This medley of strawberries, melon and pineapple gets its rich sweet taste from a creamy banana dressing. "Drizzle the dressing over any fresh fruit for an eye-appealing salad that's perfect for breakfast or brunch," recommends Edie DeSpain from Logan, Utah.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, cut into chunks
- 1 medium honeydew, cut into chunks
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- BANANA DRESSING:
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, pineapple and strawberries; set aside. Place the dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Serve with fruit salad.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 100 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Melon Fruit Bowl in Quick Cooking July/August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.