"This unique summer dessert is low in fat and a creative way to use cantaloupe," says Sandy McKenzie from Braham, Minnesota. "It's best when made with very ripe melon to give the sweetest flavor."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cubed ripe cantaloupe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free lemon yogurt
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a blender, combine the gelatin mixture, cantaloupe and sugar; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in yogurt. Spoon into individual dishes; chill until firm. Garnish with raspberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 90 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Originally published as Melon Mousse in Quick Cooking July/August 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.