Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cubed ripe cantaloupe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free lemon yogurt
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a blender, combine the gelatin mixture, cantaloupe and sugar; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; stir in yogurt. Spoon into individual dishes; chill until firm. Garnish with raspberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 90 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Aug 7, 2019
This is really unusual and unique recipe! It is a little heavier than actual mousse, but not much. I took heed of the creator's words and the reviewer below, and used a really ripe cantaloupe. Even then, I had to process it in the blender for an extended time to get it pretty smooth, but it was worth it! I will try it again, using vanilla or plain yogurt to see if it focuses a little more on the cantaloupe flavor, but it is really good as is!
Mar 31, 2013
MUST use ripe melon! Otherwise it has a tapioca texture. Would like to try it again to see if I can get closer to mousse.