Power Berry Smoothie Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 container (6 ounces) mixed berry yogurt
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 medium ripe frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Optional: Sliced fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, flaxseed and granola
- In a blender, combine the first 8 ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled bowls; top as desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 172 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 31, 2019
A flavorful and satisfying breakfast. Vary the juice to get the thickness desired. If the berries are frozen, it works fine if the banana is fresh, not frozen. Sliced almonds work well as a topping along with the fruit. Get different flavors by using different granola toppings.
Jul 9, 2019
Really liked this smoothie- did not have OJ and had kale in the garden which was used as a substitute without any flavor change. Am sure the OJ would have thinned it down but liked it as is.
Mar 25, 2019
Great ingredients but I reduced OJ by half and added some honey as I thought it was tart. I use spinach in alot of smoothies and is a great way to get vitamins in.