Creamy Fruit Bowl
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- 4 medium navel oranges, sectioned, divided
- 3 cups seedless grapes, divided
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. Pour juice into a double boiler; add the egg yolks, sugar, vinegar, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Cool.
- Stir in the pineapple, three oranges, 2-1/2 cups grapes and marshmallows. Cover and chill for at least 12 hours.
- Fold in whipped cream just before serving. Top with remaining oranges and grapes. Garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 201 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2013
Sorry, mistyping : Is the vinegar......
Jan 13, 2013
I the vinegar necessary? Couldn't I use lemon juice instead?
Feb 21, 2010
Lovely to see on the table and tasty to eat. I use canned mandarin oranges when I don't have fresh oranges.