Tropical Smoothie Bowl
This wake-me-up smoothie bowl with fruit, oats and cinnamon helps me start the day feeling satisfied. Sometimes I top it off with granola and berries or cherries. —Jonelle Dansie, Murray, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup peeled fresh or frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 3/4 cup (1/2 pound) fresh or frozen pineapple cubes
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla soy or whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold water
- Optional toppings: granola, chopped mango and pineapple
- Place orange juice concentrate in a blender. Add fruit, oats, protein powder, flax, seasonings and water. Cover and process until smooth. If desired, add optional toppings. Serve immediately.
Editor’s Note: If desired, 1-1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen pitted sweet cherries may be substituted for the mango and pineapple. Top with additional cherries and granola.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 239 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Quick and Easy Breakfast Smoothie in Fast Track 2019