Tropical Smoothie Bowl
This wake-me-up smoothie bowl with fruit, oats and cinnamon helps me start the day feeling satisfied. Sometimes I top it off with granola and berries or cherries. —Jonelle Dansie, Murray, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup peeled fresh or frozen mango chunks, thawed
- 3/4 cup (1/2 pound) fresh or frozen pineapple cubes
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla soy or whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold water
- Optional toppings: granola, chopped mango and pineapple
- Place orange juice concentrate in a blender. Add fruit, oats, protein powder, flax, seasonings and water. Cover and process until smooth. If desired, add optional toppings. Serve immediately.
Editor’s Note: If desired, 1-1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen pitted sweet cherries may be substituted for the mango and pineapple. Top with additional cherries and granola.