Tropical Pineapple Smoothies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 6 ice cubes
- In a blender, place the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Add ice cubes; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 126 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Apr 5, 2015
Yummy and refreshing! Thank you for sharing.
Sep 9, 2013
would indeed make it again. For the sugar I substituted sweet and Low packets. It turned out great. Thank you.
May 28, 2013
To marian08: If a recipe doesn't indicate draining the liquid ~ as is the case with the crushed pineapple here ~ then I think you should use the whole can, juice and all. Hope this helps!
May 27, 2013
I omitted the sugar and extracts and used coconut milk. Very good for a hot summer day.
May 27, 2013
Yummy! I approximated the measurements and made one serving. I personally don't think the recipe needs the sugar (or sweetener) I am a sugar lover and found it very sweet. Next time I will try it without and see how it turns out.
Feb 4, 2012
this is so good, I love it
Feb 25, 2009
I used Splenda instead of sugar and it came out just as nice and since mom and I are both diabetic, we really loved this.
May 28, 2008
I love this smoothie!