Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 7 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a bowl, combine gelatin and water; stir until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese and sugar substitute; cover and process until smooth. Slowly add gelatin mixture and blend until smooth. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Spread over gelatin layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 105 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2010
Even if you're not diabetic, and use real sugar for the 7 tsp sugar substitute, you'll like this dessert. It's a cheesecake without the fuss or calories. I'm making it for the second time and this time I'm topping it with strawberries.