Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 7 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a bowl, combine gelatin and water; stir until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. In a blender, combine the cottage cheese and sugar substitute; cover and process until smooth. Slowly add gelatin mixture and blend until smooth. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Spread over gelatin layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 105 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
May 24, 2010
Even if you're not diabetic, and use real sugar for the 7 tsp sugar substitute, you'll like this dessert. It's a cheesecake without the fuss or calories. I'm making it for the second time and this time I'm topping it with strawberries.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.