Tropical Fruit Salad
You don't need a long list of ingredients to toss together this refreshing medley from Nancy Stinson of Texarkana, Texas. A wonderful dressing made with pineapple yogurt coats the appealing assortment of fresh and canned fruit.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (8-1/4 ounces each) tropical fruit salad
- 1/2 cup pineapple or vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- Drain fruit salad, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a bowl, combine yogurt, honey and reserved juice. Fold in fruit salad, apple, strawberries and grapes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 143 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.