Coconut Tropical Fruit Salad
Add a serving of fruit to breakfast with this delicious medley. Toasted coconut, mango and more bring the flavor of the tropics to any menu. —Katie Covington, Blacksburg, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium green apple, cubed
- 1 medium red apple, cubed
- 1 medium pear, cubed
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 10 seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 firm medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Drizzle with orange juice; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, fold in banana and sprinkle with coconut.
Health tip: Looking for a flavorful fruit salad that isn’t loaded with added sugar? Look no further. Use unsweetened coconut for a no-sugar-added version.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 101 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Oct 20, 2010
Took this to a breakfast for ladies and they all enjoyed it very much.
Aug 21, 2010
Doubled the recipe to take to a breakfast, all the ladies loved it. Am making it again for my large family who are coming to visit.