Citrus Fruit Salad
Fresh pineapple with yogurt and pecans is a merry update of the classic ambrosia salad. We stir it up for breakfast, a snack or as a bright side. —Heather Rivers, Boise, ID
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed (about 5 cups)
- 5 clementines, peeled and segmented (seeded if necessary)
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in yogurt.
- Just before serving, add fruit and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with pecans.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 176 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Three Fruit Salad in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.