Refreshing Tropical Fruit Salad
Want a family-friendly side dish? This colorful medley is kid-pleasing and a great way to encourage healthy eating. —Sharon Ricci, Spooner, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 medium pears, cubed
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium mangos, peeled and cubed
- 2 star fruit, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, pears and juices. Add the pineapple, strawberries, grapes, kiwi and mangos; stir gently to combine. Arrange star fruit over top.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 120 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Originally published as Refreshing fruit salad in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Jun 9, 2019
Great base for the non melon fruit salad (which I LOVE). I did not use the star fruit and next time I will substitute the pears for blueberries, It was just such a different texture and taste from the other fruits.