Festive Fruit Salad
This refreshing beautiful salad has become a favorite of everyone who's tried it. My bowl always comes home empty when I take this salad to a party or cookout. This recipe is a great way to take advantage of fresh fruit at its best. -Gail Sellers, Savannah, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 3 medium apples (red, yellow and green), cubed
- 1 small cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 cups seedless red and green grapes
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional berries for garnish, optional
- Peel and core pineapple; cut into cubes. Place in a 3- or 4-qt. glass serving bowl. Stir in remaining fruit.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and lemon juice and mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over fruit. Garnish with additional berries if desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 138 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Festive Fruit Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1995