Sparkling Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks or 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1/2 cup chilled club soda
- In a large serving bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, strawberries and grapes. Combine wine or grape juice and club soda; pour over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 87 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 4, 2014
This is my go-to fruit salad recipe. The combination of fresh and canned fruit makes it a breeze to put together, and the juice and club soda (I've never made it with wine...always served at family meals) give it a little extra punch. It is much lighter tasting than other fruit salads with poppyseed-type dressing and more satisfying than just mixed fruit.
Apr 14, 2014
I made this with Barefoot Moscato and it was absolutely delicious! Much better than the Over the Top Mac n Cheese I made to go with it.
Apr 9, 2012
The amazing thing about this fruit salad is that it does stay fresh for a couple of days. I used the white grape juice, and club soda. And, was I imagining things? Or, did I actually feel the bubbles on my tongue as I ate the salad? Refreshing and delicious way to serve fruit and add just a touch of sweetness.
Dec 18, 2011
Liked it a lot, but it's pretty liquidy.
Dec 28, 2010
I made this for our family's get together on Christmas. I admit I was a little dubious as to how this would turn out, but it was fantastic. I used the white grape juice instead of the wine & with it combined with the club soda brought out the color of each piece of fruit brilliantly & each piece of fruit held it's shape--no wilting. And if there was enough left over for the next day, I'm sure it would maintain it's color & shape. But, if anyone makes this recipe, we will never know.
Apr 6, 2009
This is a refreshing salad that is easy to make. I made it for breakfast along with Amish Baked Oatmeal and it was a huge hit.