Brunch Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE pineapple chunks
- 2 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium red apple, sliced
- 1 medium green apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine the pineapple, bananas, grapes, oranges and apples in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the orange juice, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 161 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
May 24, 2017
Do not add the bananas until just prior to serving. Very similar recipe to Taste of Home's Four-Fruit Compote. Both are really good!!
Apr 5, 2015
Made this for brunch exactly as the recipe stated. Excellent with Brunch!
Jun 28, 2013
My daughter made this for a family gathering we had and everyone loved it. I asked for the recipe and have since made it. Yum!!! Great recipe!!!
Nov 2, 2012
I have trouble finding good fruit recipes that people actually eat. Well, this is it. I made it for a breakfast, and it was very well received.
May 24, 2012
yummy and easy!!
Apr 22, 2012
Very nice, made it the night before and kept in the frig, didn't use bananas, but used a can of mandarin oranges with peaches, added alot more fruit and it was delicious, didn't use of the liquid I boiled and it was just right not too watery. Quick and easy!!!
Dec 26, 2011
I make fruit salad a lot for holidays, showers, and get-togethers. This one is a favorite for me because it uses some canned ingredients to make it quick and easy, but some fresh as well to make it taste great! The syrup is sweet and delicious. Definitely a make-again recipe!
Aug 20, 2011
I just simply can"t wait to make this delicious fruit salad. I just know my family and friends are going to love . DELICIOUSOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 23, 2011
Simple and delicious fruit salad...easy to do for a crowd since there isn't much cutting. I doubled the fruit, but made the sauce using the measurements listed. If I had doubled the sauce recipe, it would have been swimming in liquid...not like the picture.
Mar 28, 2011
Perfect. The only thing I would do different would be to put the bananas in the bottom, then stir before serving. The bananas stayed good overnight as long as they were completely covered.