The best way to cool down on a warm day is a chilled fruit salad. Serve this one for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Yogurt and coconut milk make the creamy dressing even more decadent. Wait until just before serving to garnish the salad, otherwise the toasted coconut will get soggy. —Carrie Hirsch, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 cups cubed cantaloupe (1/2-inch)
- 4 cups cubed watermelon (1/2-inch)
- 2 medium navel oranges, sectioned
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- For dressing, whisk together yogurt, coconut milk and orange juice. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, place fruit in a large bowl; toss gently with dressing. Sprinkle with coconut.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Summer Fruit Medley with Coconut & Orange Dressing in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018