Chicken Berry Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut into strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, blueberries, strawberries, cheese and walnuts. Add reserved marinade; toss to coat. Top with sliced chicken.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 426 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 26, 2010
This is absolutely delicious. In order to cut calories, we deleted the cheese and sprinkled some walnuts on individual salads at the table. Also, instead of using marinade as dressing, we made the Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing found on this site. It is the perfect complement to this salad and only 19 calories per tablespoon. Outstanding!