Summer Buzz Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min
- 2 cups watermelon balls
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup cubed English cucumber
- 1/2 cup microgreens or torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 131 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Aug 10, 2017
How can you go wrong with a recipe that has only one direction? When cherries go on sale, this is the perfect recipe to use them up! We tried organic broccoli sprouts as our microgreens. Definitely a nice change from regular lettuce salad!
Jun 18, 2017
This recipe just screams summer! We love cherries and they were perfect in this light, fresh salad. The lemon zest was great but next time I think we will try orange zest for a slightly different twist! Don't skip the cheese - the salty really complements the sweet fruit!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.