Green Salad with Berries
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. To serve, drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine. Top with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 157 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Jun 1, 2019
this is my all time FAVORITE salad. A restaurant in town makes this with salmon or grilled chicken. Their walnuts are candied,, fabulous and they use grapes rather than raspberries and add a little shredded cheddar. I've made it with sweet onion dressing for a yummy variation. Also can add sliced cukes or shredded carrots, whatever you have, but stick with the romaine spinach strawberry base and a sweet dressing..
Nov 5, 2018
Home run!! I served with Paul Newman's Raspberry Vinaigrette. Wow! I really love green salads with fruit in them. Its in my recipe box and its a keeper!
Aug 4, 2016
Brought this to a pot luck and it was a hit.