Tomato-Melon Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 grilled chicken breasts (4 ounces each), sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, watermelon and raspberries. In a small bowl, whisk the basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Divide salad greens among 6 serving plates; top with tomato mixture and chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 368 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 44g protein.
Aug 30, 2013
This was a great idea using watermelon with chicken in a salad. Will make again!!
May 29, 2011
I had to try this salad since I found the ingredients so intriguing. It is a very good and refreshing salad, especially with grilled chicken. I used dried basil since I did not have any fresh. This would be especially good with garden fresh tomatoes, too. Very nice summer dish!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.