Tomato-Melon Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 grilled chicken breasts (4 ounces each), sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, watermelon and raspberries. In a small bowl, whisk the basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over tomato mixture; toss to coat. Divide salad greens among 6 serving plates; top with tomato mixture and chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 266 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Nov 20, 2019
Some people don't like fruit in salads, but I am not one of those people! This is fantastic!!
Aug 30, 2013
This was a great idea using watermelon with chicken in a salad. Will make again!!
May 29, 2011
I had to try this salad since I found the ingredients so intriguing. It is a very good and refreshing salad, especially with grilled chicken. I used dried basil since I did not have any fresh. This would be especially good with garden fresh tomatoes, too. Very nice summer dish!