Almond-Apricot Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding apricots during the last 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; place in a large bowl. Add broccoli, chicken, onions and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the next eight ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving; fold in almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 411 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Aug 16, 2019
I made this recipe tonight and we cleaned our plates. I made a few minor changes. I used cooked turkey instead of chicken and halved the recipe for the two of us. One other change I made was when I tasted the dressing, I thought it was a little bland and needed something so gave it a few squirts of ranch dressing which perked it up nicely. We loved the salad and will have it again.
Jun 24, 2019
Had this at a friend's luncheon, and we all requested the recipe. Delicious!
May 15, 2018
I served this hot; and substituted Quoran Diced Meatless Chicken for the chicken and substituted carrots for broccoli. Thank you, Susan for sharing this recipe.
Mar 31, 2018
I'm sure this would be a hit with some people, although I speculate it would be less than half of those that have it, it was left as "it is edible but don't make it again" in our house of eight people. I really don't want to leave a low review but I also don't want to make the mistake of making it again only to not like it.*Edited to add* The strong citrus flavor was less the next day and nearly gone 3 days later (yes, this lasted that long in our house). Still wouldn't make it again.
Oct 3, 2015
I just made this for a catering event a few weeks ago and received numerous complements and requests for the recipe. I followed the recipe but added a little sugar to the mayo and sour cream mix. It's a pretty salad and also it's a filling salad.
Jun 14, 2008
Wonderful combination of flavors!!! Nice change from same old chicken salad.....Great Recipe!