My husband and I keep busy on our farm. So I appreciate meals like this that are simple yet satisfying.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 7 ounces sage and onion stuffing
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Add chicken, rice, broth, peas, pimientos, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine soup and mayonnaise; spread over chicken mixture. For topping, combine stuffing and almonds; sprinkle over casserole. Drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 680 calories, 46g fat (16g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1308mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Almondine in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.