Almond Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Honey mustard, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt and sherry; gradually stir in egg whites. Place almonds in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then coat with almonds.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken strips in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. Serve with honey mustard for dipping if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 432 calories, 27g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2018
One of my favorite
Jun 30, 2014
Love it!! I made it for my parents who are picky eaters and my 2 year old and there was none left! They can't wait for me to make it again.
May 18, 2012
The recipe should have been published with 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or broth and will be updated soon.
Apr 4, 2012
There's no way 1 1/2 tsp. sherry or broth will stir smoothly into 1/4 c. cornstarch! I'll try a little more liquid. Wish me luck!
Dec 6, 2010
I made these for a party for a friend coming home from Iraq. Everyone loved them! They were easy to make and tasted awesome!