Baked Sesame Chicken Strips
For example, she took the concept for the fast-food chicken snacks her children love and turned out home-cooked Sesame Chicken Strips. "I start with chicken that is partially frozen, because it's easier to cut," Lorri notes. "Then I cover it with an easy crushed cracker coating. A hint of ginger really jazzes up the flavor."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup crushed sesame snack crackers (about 30 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter and soy sauce. In another shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, ginger and salt. Dip chicken strips in butter mixture, then roll in crumbs until coated on all sides.
- Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 251 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken Strips in Quick Cooking May/June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.