Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 7 snow peas
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry peas, broccoli and red pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and onion; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and sugar; stir in water and soy sauce until smooth. Add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; cook until mixture is heated through and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 398 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 2858mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 36g protein.
Feb 14, 2011
I made this recipe but changed out some of the vegetables and deleted the sesame seeds, my husband hates seeds. Other than those changes it was awesome!
Sep 14, 2009
I made it today and it's a keeper. My wife and I like our foods seasoned pretty well, so I just put in a little seasoning.