Potato Chip Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (12 ounces) potato chips, crushed
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salsa, barbecue sauce or sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and seasonings. Place crushed potato chips in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken strips in sour cream mixture, then coat with potato chips. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with salsa or sauce. Freeze option: Transfer cooled chicken strips to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, reheat chicken strips in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 625 calories, 37g fat (15g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 31, 2015
This was superb! I added some tomato and basil Mrs. Dash to the sour cream and I did about half corn flake crumbs and half crushed BBQ potato chips. Everybody raved about them, including the mighty picky eaters here.
Jun 5, 2015
Great recipe - easy - fast and most importantly - delicious. This will be on the menu again.
Mar 25, 2014
The whole family loved these. Definitely will make this again.
Jan 12, 2014
Simple, easy & good. I subbed the potato chips with finely crushed Corn Flakes cereal. This really improved the flavor plus it's healthier. I get raves on it - my three young nephews really gobble them up. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
Nov 7, 2012
I used garlic powder and onion powder along with pepper and seasoning salt. I put a cooling rack on baking sheet sprayed with pam placed chicken on top for even cooking. Good recipe.
Apr 1, 2012
Mar 13, 2012
My Husband was like "I dont want potato chip flavored chicken" but boy was he shocked when he ate it and loved it! The potato chips make a wonderful coating to the chicken. I used thighs.
Jun 23, 2009
I used BBQ Chips and used BBQ sauce for dipping and they were gone in no time!
May 20, 2009
i have another recipe for these. I dipped the chicken in egg whites..then into crushed cooler ranch doritos!..for dips we used sour creme and salsa. It was DEFINATLY a party favorite!
Aug 1, 2008
I made this recipe with montery jack tortilla chips and it was out of sight. The chips are made by Synder of Berlin out of PA