Crispy Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 1-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes and bread crumbs. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg substitute, then in potato mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 327 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2018
Since I didn't have egg substitute, I just used a beaten egg. I baked these instead. I just put the chicken pieces on parchment in a pan and baked for 30 minutes. Perfect.
Apr 10, 2016
This is by far the best chicken strips I have ever made. The chicken was tender and the outside has the perfect amount of crispiness. Easy recipe with fantastic results at the dinner table.
Dec 10, 2011
Very good and I usually do not care for chicken strips.