Cara’s Crunchy Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed Caesar salad croutons
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, mix the baking mix, salt and pepper. Place crushed croutons and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in baking mix to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in croutons, patting to help coating adhere.
- Arrange in a single layer on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce.
Feb 19, 2015
These were great!!! I wasn't sure what to expect but they had a good flavor, the chicken was juicy and they were nice and crunchy!
Jun 4, 2013
Very tasty! My family gobbled this up!
Feb 4, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.