- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed Caesar salad croutons
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, mix the baking mix, salt and pepper. Place crushed croutons and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in baking mix to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in croutons, patting to help coating adhere.
- Arrange in a single layer on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce.
2 chicken strips: 222 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.