Cara’s Crunchy Chicken Strips
Crushed croutons—buy ’em or make ’em—are the crunchy secret to these easy-bake nuggets of chicken. —Cara Winterhoff, Tempe, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed Caesar salad croutons
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- In a shallow bowl, mix the baking mix, salt and pepper. Place crushed croutons and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in baking mix to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in croutons, patting to help coating adhere.
- Arrange in a single layer on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce.
Feb 19, 2015
These were great!!! I wasn't sure what to expect but they had a good flavor, the chicken was juicy and they were nice and crunchy!
Jun 4, 2013
Very tasty! My family gobbled this up!
Feb 4, 2013