Breaded Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk milk and egg. Coat chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture. Place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 446 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 3, 2018
I adjusted this recipe for four chicken breasts. I doubled everything except the pepper and garlic salt. Instead, I added 1/4 tsp of pepper and only 1/4 tsp of regular salt. The end result was crunchy tenders on the outside and moist meat on the inside. Easy and all on-hand ingredients! Also not all the flour is used so next time I am not going to double that:)
Mar 1, 2016
Very Easy. Had all ingredients already in pantry.Family pleaser.