Breaded Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk milk and egg. Coat chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture. Place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 446 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Apr 3, 2018
I adjusted this recipe for four chicken breasts. I doubled everything except the pepper and garlic salt. Instead, I added 1/4 tsp of pepper and only 1/4 tsp of regular salt. The end result was crunchy tenders on the outside and moist meat on the inside. Easy and all on-hand ingredients! Also not all the flour is used so next time I am not going to double that:)
Mar 1, 2016
Very Easy. Had all ingredients already in pantry.Family pleaser.