Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 sandwich buns, split
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, garlic powder and pepper. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and flour. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Place cheese over chicken; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; whisk in cornstarch and hot pepper sauce until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken. Serve on buns with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 734 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1293mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein.
Jul 1, 2016
I am a fan of spicy foods, but my guys aren't. I love recipes that I can make that still give me my heat fix, but that they can eat also. I used thin sliced chicken breast, panko instead of regular breadcrumbs and sriracha. I held back the salt until after the chicken had been pan fried. The guys enjoyed theirs with just cheese, and I had mine without. Watch the butter mixture, it can burn quickly.
Jan 28, 2014
These were a big hit at our recent football party. Will be making again soon.
Aug 4, 2010
Sounds fabulous, but not calorie, carb or diabetic friendly :(
Jan 10, 2010
Awesome. Will definitely make again, have to be aware of salt content.