Sourdough Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 Swiss cheese slices
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 bacon strips, cooked
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place egg crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side until a thermometer reaches 170°.
- Spread bread with mayonnaise if desired. Top two slices with lettuce, cheese, tomato, bacon and chicken. Top with the remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 777 calories, 34g fat (16g saturated fat), 263mg cholesterol, 1259mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 58g protein.
Jul 27, 2011
It was really good. We melted parmesan cheese over the top of the chicken and used olive peppered mayonaise with dijon mustard and it was great. We all decided to add guacamole next time though.
Nov 18, 2009
I thought it would be kind of plain but it wasn't. I will definitely be making this one again.
Jan 26, 2009
I grilled the sourdough bread while the chicken was cooking. The insides just lightly with butter, the outsides I sprinkled parmesan cheese over the butter. Yummy!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.