Chicken Croissant Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup diced apple
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mandarin oranges
- 4 croissants, split
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ginger, mustard and salt. Stir in chicken, apple, sunflower kernels and green onions. Gently fold in mandarin oranges. Serve on croissants with lettuce if desired.
Jan 16, 2017
I had totally forgotten about this recipe.. My great aunt used to make this, so this recipe brought back so many good memories. I love mandarin oranges! Because I didn't have quite the amount of chicken, I also chopped up one stalk of celery to make more of the salad.
Jan 12, 2017
I made these chicken sandwiches for lunch today and wished I had found this recipe sooner. It is fabulous. The flavor is delightful and both hubby and I loved these sandwiches. I used fresh Mandarin oranges and finely chopped some sweet onion since I did not have any green onion. Those were the only changes I made. I highly recommend this delicious recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Jul 11, 2013
It was great. I made extra Chicken Fingers the night before and used them in this recipe.Also I use an onion roll.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.