Everything Bagel Chicken Strips
I love the flavor profile of everything bagels, so I recreated it with traditional breaded chicken fingers. Serve them with your favorite chicken finger dip. —Cynthia Gerken, Naples, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 day-old everything bagel, torn
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. Pulse torn bagel in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Place 1/2 cup bagel crumbs in a shallow bowl; toss with panko, cheese and pepper flakes. (Save remaining bagel crumbs for another use.)
- In a microwave-safe shallow bowl, microwave butter until melted. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Dip in warm butter, then coat with crumb mixture, patting to help adhere. Place on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Bake until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 15-17 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 246 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Everything Bagel Chicken Sticks in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018