Spicy Breaded Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut into pieces and skinned
- In a plastic bag, mix bread crumbs, milk powder, chili powder, garlic powder and dry mustard; set aside. Place milk in a shallow pan. Dip chicken pieces into milk, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place chicken, bone side down, in a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50 to 55 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 233 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 8, 2016
I'm so glad I found this recipe It is truly delicious. It's hard to find a spicy dish that isn't loaded with salt and fat. I used skinless chicken breasts and baked them 45 min. I'll definitely be making this recipe again
Apr 28, 2014
I use this breading on baked pork chops. It's the only way my hubby will eat them
Dec 28, 2010
I used boneless chicken breasts and cut them down to have spicy chicken tenders. My guys loved it!
May 4, 2009
Can I use this recipe on the chicken pieces with skin?
Feb 4, 2008
My husband loves fried chicken, but I never had much success making it for him until I tried this recipe. His principal criterion for good chicken is how it tastes cold and this meets his standard. Everybody else willingly gobbles it hot or cold!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.