Spicy Breaded Chicken Wings
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 10 whole chicken wings
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, basil, cayenne, garlic salt and paprika.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Dip chicken wings into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 77 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 10, 2014
I only made the sauce but it was fantastic! I added a little brown sugar besides the honey for a little more sweetness, but overall it was a hit.
Sep 12, 2013
Sep 12, 2013
Good Recipe !!
Jan 28, 2013
Needs more flavoring...
Apr 7, 2012
Very little flavor and no spice to them at all. I even upped the spice by adding chili powder on top of the cayenne. Not going to make them again.
Mar 28, 2012
Surprisingly simple and tastes super.
Jul 24, 2009
I used boneless/skinless chicken breasts/cut into strips - took to a block party and was over whelmed with request for the recipe! very moist and I like the fact that it is baked/not fried! Spices just right.
Feb 26, 2009
I wish the people who had given this recipe such a low rating would have posted why. Chicken wings, breading, sweet and spicy dipping sauce, what's not to like? I'm still very tempted to try these, although I'm guessing that they might taste really good if sauteed in a little vegetable oil instead of baked.