- 12 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the 2 wing joints; discard wing tips. In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in ketchup, vinegar, preserves, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Brush wings with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and brushing with glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling. Serve with remaining glaze.
1 chicken wing: 214 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0g fiber), 12g protein.