Cola Hot Wings
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 40 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small bowl, combine hot sauce, cola, soy sauce, cayenne and pepper.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Grill chicken wings, covered, over indirect medium heat on an oiled rack for 10 minutes. Grill 30-40 minutes longer, turning occasionally and basting frequently with sauce until wings are nicely glazed. Serve with salad dressing.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken wing (calculated without salad dressing): 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 8, 2013
We tried this recipe for the 4th of July and found it to be good with a kick from the hot sauce. It did not have quite the glaze that I was looking for but everyone enjoyed them.
Sep 23, 2012
These were tender and flavorful but needed a bit more kick.
Oct 18, 2011
This isn't anything special. The blue cheese dipping-sauce was the most flavorful part.
Sep 18, 2011
Wings were ok. I have much better wing recipes. May try again with some adjustments.
Jul 11, 2011
I never knew basting without marinading could be so flavorful! Spicy and sweet. Yum.
Jun 7, 2011
This was a great recipe! I substituted the wings for chicken breast strips and grilled directly on the grill and it was great! My husband and his family all loved it too and they are definitely picky eaters!