Marmalade-Glazed Chicken Wings
A must-try recipe that even a wing skeptic will love. Orange marmalade lends an unexpected twist on flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2-1/2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, water, lemon juice, soy sauce, horseradish and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper, add wings a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer wings to a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 122 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Marmalade Chicken Wings in Simple & Delicious May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.