Orange Gingerbread Tassies
I make big Christmas cookie plates every year and it’s fun to have something with a different shape to include. These have a delicious flavor with the gingerbread and orange, and they are really easy! This is also yummy with lemon zest if you prefer that over the orange. You can also decorate with some candied orange peel if you have it. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, UT
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Beat first 7 ingredients until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottom and up sides of ungreased mini-muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Press centers with the handle of a wooden spoon to reshape as necessary. Cool completely in pan before removing to wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat baking chips, cream and butter until blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in orange zest; cool completely. Spoon into crusts.