Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 25 whole chicken wings (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a large bowl, combine the flour, seasoned salt and garlic salt. Add chicken wings, in batches, and toss to coat. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, fry wings in oil, in batches, until golden and crispy, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pan drippings; return all chicken to the skillet. Combine the marmalade, ketchup, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken and stir to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tip
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 375 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1217mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 8, 2012
I halved the recipe and ended up making 2 batches of wings in my 12 inch skillet. The prep work went really fast, but do plan on at least the full cook time stated because you will probably end up cooking in batches if your pan isn't big enough. Very good recipe, though. Also good if you sub apricot jam for the marmalade.
Oct 4, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.