Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 25 whole chicken wings (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut chicken wings into 3 sections; discard wing tip section. In a large bowl, combine the flour, seasoned salt and garlic salt. Add chicken wings, in batches, and toss to coat. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, fry wings in oil, in batches, until golden and crispy, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pan drippings; return all chicken to the skillet. Combine the marmalade, ketchup, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken and stir to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tip
Editor's NoteUncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for whole chicken wings.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 119 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 1, 2019
We really enjoyed this recipe. The second time I made it I added some hot pepper flakes because we enjoy sweet heat on our wings. Delicious!
Oct 8, 2012
I halved the recipe and ended up making 2 batches of wings in my 12 inch skillet. The prep work went really fast, but do plan on at least the full cook time stated because you will probably end up cooking in batches if your pan isn't big enough. Very good recipe, though. Also good if you sub apricot jam for the marmalade.
Oct 4, 2010