Ginger-Curry Chicken Tacos
I love tacos (who doesn't?), but I wanted to put my own unique twist on them by incorporating some Indian flavors. These ginger-curry versions hit the spot! —Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 serrano pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 naan flatbreads, halved, or 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, mango, red onion, serrano pepper, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and dash of pepper. In another small bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger, curry powder, remaining lime juice, and remaining salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with curry, salt and pepper. Cook chicken until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Serve in naan halves with mango slaw, yogurt sauce and mint. Garnish with lime wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 335 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.