Sweet Gingered Chicken Wings
I first tasted this delicious chicken dish when I attended a class on using honey in cooking. When I prepare this recipe for a party, it's one of the first dishes to disappear! —Debbie Dougal, Roseville, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 chicken wings (about 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add chicken wings, a few at a time; toss to coat. Divide wings between prepared pans. Bake 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, orange juice concentrate and ginger; brush over chicken wings. Bake until juices run clear, 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Broil wings 4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken wing: 134 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Gingered Chicken Wings in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.