Sweet ‘n’ Sour Curry Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, chutney and curry powder. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 314 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 28, 2018
Sorry to disappoint, but my family didn't enjoy this dish. I thought the mango chutney just didn't work in this. I really didn't like the flavour. Also, my husband thought it a little flavourless. However, we love trying new recipes, just this one wasn't for us. It is always worth trying a new recipe regardless of reviews. Each person has individual tastes and some will love this and some won't. Give it a go anyway...
Nov 18, 2011
i added 2 tsp. curry and thought it could use more than that. although brands do effect this flavor. I also added 1/2 c. chunk pineapple. This recipe is very flavorful! YUMMO! I will double it next time,as it makes a very little batch, good job!
Apr 7, 2010
I substituted shrimp in place of the chicken and put it over rice and it turned out fabulous. This recipe is definitely a keeper, although I might add a little more curry next time.
Jan 10, 2010
I made this exactly according to the recipe. Great flavor, easy to make, leftovers going with me to work.
Sep 10, 2009
Great taste, pretty simple to make :)