Chicken & Vegetable Curry Couscous
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetable blend of your choice
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (5.7 ounces) curry-flavored couscous mix
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Add vegetable blend, water and contents of couscous seasoning packet. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous and raisins. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 273 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 22, 2015
First of all, I am not a fan of curry so I substituted with roasted garlic/olive oil flavor couscous. This meal was truly quick to prepare. My family was pretty satisfied with it, but I found it to be a tad bland. I was glad to have garlic bread on the side. Also I try to avoid MSG, so I will be more careful about choosing the flavored couscous. Overall, we all liked it quite a bit.
Sep 11, 2013
I love couscous, so I knew that I would like this recipe. I am basically a vegetarian so I picked out the chicken, but I liked the vegetable/couscous flavor. Family seemed to like it okay. It's not a favorite, but was told that I could make it again.