Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 240 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2017
Okay- quick, good with biscuits
Apr 18, 2010
Like the magazine this recipe came from, it is 'Simple and Delicious'. I add 3/4 cup of frozen corn for more color, but otherwise follow the recipe exactly. In our house it only serves the 2 of us, so I usually triple the recipe if we are having guests. It always gets rave reviews.