Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, celery, onion and peppers in oil for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the next five ingredients.
- Stir in couscous. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-8 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 272 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 28, 2018
Made once and it was delicious. Can I make ahead and freeze?
Oct 14, 2015
What a good side dish that will work well with almost any protein. I used dried basil (only 1tablespoon, which was plenty) because I didn't have any fresh, and it worked well. The recipe makes lots, so you'll probably have enough to use with leftovers.
Feb 8, 2015
Will make again!
Jul 6, 2012
Great summer side. This has a fresh from the garden taste. Very quick to make.
Apr 6, 2012
Quick, tasty and healthy. Planning to make it again and again.