Jamaican Chicken with Couscous
“Fantabulous” is a word I reserve for fantastic dishes like this jerk-seasoned chicken. It’s a mouth full of yum. —Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Additional minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine pineapple and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix flour and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Toss chicken with jerk seasoning and remaining salt. Add to flour mixture, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat lightly; shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add a third of the chicken; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Repeat twice with remaining oil and chicken. Serve with couscous. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.