Caribbean Curried Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups Goya Mojo Criollo marinade, well-shaken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked rice, green onions and fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Combine curry powder, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over chicken, pressing to help it adhere. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Carefully pour Goya Mojo Marinade along the sides of slow cooker, avoiding chicken to keep coating intact. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 170°, 4-6 hours. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Pour cooking juices from slow cooker into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in cooking juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat; add chicken and simmer about 5 minutes. If desired, serve with rice, green onions and cilantro leaves.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 6 tablespoons sauce: 249 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Oct 25, 2017
We loved this dish! I will be making it again very soon. My husband and my 13 yr old daughter loved it. We have been buying Goya mojo for years and we use it in the crockpot with chicken breast then shred it back into the juice and serve it over rice. So I knew this would be a great variation. The curry is a perfect accent.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.